Official TN Discord Server

Feel free to talk about anything.

Moderators: Kole, Kole, Kole

cyanidE

September 23rd, 2015, 2:29 pm

Official TN Discord Server
This thread was all about the Top Notch Gaming mumble server. At the current moment we have switched to use Discord instead.

Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/yWhT3av

Big thanks to Jorm for getting this started and helping the community gather in a single place for gaming.

This is NOT a password protected server, but I do want to say use some common sense with it and be respectful. The purpose of this server is for the Top Notch Gaming Community to be able to hang out and play games with each other with a good central place for communication. I don't anticipate any problems, but I thought I'd point out that the rules on this server are the same as any gaming server Top Notch Gaming provides. Please be fun and respectful.

For those unfamiliar with Discord or what the purpose of this is, see below.

FAQ

What the heck is Discord?

Discord is a voice communication and text posting client. Essentially it's a service which lets you join in a channel with a bunch of people and...talk & chat.

Okay....so why is that useful?

Using a voice communication client in general has some perks. Helpful overlays which, while in game, will have a little transparent display to tell you who is talking and who is in your channel. What's more, it allows you to talk to people while you're not in game, not on their team, or what have you. It's persistent regardless of what you are doing which is appealing. It's the same reason why the xbox party system became as popular as it is.

Sounds cool. How do I use it?

First things first, you need to download Discord, download, install and sign up! Go here, you probably want the latest stable release for Windows:
https://discordapp.com/

Install it, and walk through the set-up menus. They're pretty straightforward and will make sure you have everything in working order before jumping into a server. Once you do that, the Discord Invite link is: https://discord.gg/yWhT3av

You'll see a bunch of different channels for voice and chat...you can only hear and talk to people in your current channel. You might want to move channels depending on if you are playing a game with certain people etc.

Even when you're not meeting a group of people or whatever, I suggest jumping into discord whenever you are playing and seeing who is on. They might be playing too, and once you are in discord with some people who you are playing with, it gets to be a lot of fun. Plus you can just converse and catch up with friends, that sort of thing. If nobody is on...stick around! Somebody has to be the first one to the party. If you need to go AFK or are sick of talking, just press the mute button and you will be muted and deafened.

Any last tips?

I personally suggest using Push-to-talk (PTT); if you have any side mouse buttons, they are a perfect candidate for PTT.

Burnt_Weenie_Sammich

September 24th, 2015, 5:57 pm

Sigh, like last time, it tells me "certificate or password rejected" come on jorm!
Smokin Spies since 2009

EvilGenius

September 28th, 2015, 7:16 am

We will be moving to our final server here in the next week or so. it is Mumble.topnotchclan.com its set at 100 slots so we should be good.

It will be manual config with the idea that all clan members can kick/ban and create channels. Trusted non clan members will be added to the list.

Admins can move and add channels as needed. If a VIP requests a channel of there own we will create it for them.

No offensive names.

Perma-ban no warning for spammers.
-Evil

omv421

September 28th, 2015, 12:27 pm

I banned a guy spamming his flute over and over a few days ago.

EvilGenius

September 29th, 2015, 6:19 am

omv421 wrote:I banned a guy spamming his flute over and over a few days ago.
Thanks man
-Evil

Rachel

October 5th, 2015, 1:33 pm

Can the first post be updated with the new information? (including the port)

omv421

October 5th, 2015, 2:29 pm

topnotchclan.com

|:|Falcon|:|

October 5th, 2015, 3:03 pm

If you follow the link from the old mumble server, and go to "add server" while on the new one, it should automatically have all the info filled in.
"Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die."

Rachel

October 5th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Oh, ok. Thanks!

quacky.the.tribble

October 5th, 2015, 7:06 pm

When I put in topnotchclan.com, I get the following warning:
ssl-warning.png
I bet I got the warning before too, but ignored it then. I had hoped for SSL on the registration page too.
Image Image Image

• Information